Sunday, January 23, 2011

Embracing Forgiveness


Rev. Ellen shares some new material on forgiveness, a topic that is at the heart of Christian teachings.

There is a quote mentioned in the talk by Reinhold Niebuhr, who said "Forgiveness is the final form of Love."  
Niebuhr, an American theologian, is also credited with the ubiquitous "God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."


Rev Ellen's handout:
Embrace and Transmute

How to forgive myself or others:

Accept Responsibility - This was created or co-created by me in order to learn and grow.

Align the judgement - I acknowledge and accept that I am sometimes judgmental, yet I am still divine.

Feel the feeling - The pain is the resistance to feeling... but a pearl lies within.

No comments: